Ten Steps All Workplaces Can Take to Reduce Risk of Exposure to Corona-Virus
All workplaces can take the following infection prevention measures to protect workers:
- Encourage workers to stay home if sick
- Encourage respiratory etiquette, including covering coughs and sneezes.
- Provide a place to wash hands or alcohol-based hand rubs containing at least 60% alcohol.
- Limit worksite access to only essential workers, if possible.
- Establish flexible worksites (e.g., telecommuting) and flexible work hours (e.g., staggered shifts),
- Discourage workers from using other workers’ phones, desks, or other work tools and equipment.
- Regularly clean and disinfect surfaces, equipment, and other elements of the work environment.
- Use Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)-approved cleaning chemicals with label claims against the coronavirus.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for use of all cleaning and disinfection products.
- Encourage workers to report any safety and health concerns.
Click Here for the > Osha Poster
For more information, visit www.osha.gov/coronavirus or call 1-800-321-OSHA (6742).